BaliFokus is a NGO focusing in promote and implement appropriate and low-cost decentralized wastewater treatment for small-scale industries and pig/cow farms in Bali and NTB. In coorperation with local goverments and small-scale entrepreneurs/farmers of Denpasar City, Badung regency, Gianyar regency, Bangli regency, Mataram City regency, Sumbawa regency and Bima City (within BORDA partner network).
Promote and execute SANIMAS, a community managed sanitation program in 6 slums in East Java and Bali, a demonstration project funded by AusAID, administered by the Water and Sanitation Program/the World Bank, executed by BORDA and partner network.
Vision & Mission
To become an independent institution with professional management to increase the community capacity, quality of life and the environmental together with other stakeholders in sustainable way.
- Develop a solid and independent institution in ideas and programs development and implementation to secure the staff prosperity.
- Manage the organization with competent human resources, transparent and accountable mechanism in realization of plans and budgets, as well as manage all resources effectively and efficiently to achieve optimum quality of works.
- Improve the quality of life and community capacity, especially the poor, in social, health and economy, through participatory community-based programs.
- Improve environmental quality, especially in settlements, through pollution control program for a better environment.
- Implement activities and programs in cooperation with donors, governments, private sectors, universities, NGOs, locally, nationally, regionally as well as internationally according to vision and missions of the organization in equal partnership.
- Implement activities which ensure the sustainability of the organization and community program wise as well as financially.
The Values of BaliFokus are:
- Gender sensitive
- Common sense
- Transparency and accountability
- Development of program activities in a participatory manner
- Commitment to an approach that is at once critical, fair and balanced
- Consistency in our attention to issues
Founding members :
A.A Raka Dalem biologist, ecotourism expert
David Küper environmental consultant
Gede Ngurah Surya Anaya HIV/AIDS activist
Michelle Togasa graphic designer
Yuyun Ismawati environmental activist
Advisor : Yuyun Ismawati
Director : Tri Wahyudi Purnomo
Office & Accounting Manager : Wayan Teddy Brahmancha
Environment Sanitation Program Manager : Dewa Alit Setiarsa
Toxic Program Manager : I Gde Armyn Gita
Office & Accounting Supervisor : Ketut Sri Artini
Technical Program Officers :
Christophorus N. Y. L.
Made Dwi Ari Antara
Social Program Officers :
Toxic Program Officers :
Krishna Bayumurti M. Zaki
Cashier : Adi Wayan Martini
IT/KM Officer : Putu Sinda Asmadi
Office Supports :
Ni Ketut Sulatri